Xubuntu: Simple Battery Monitor/Indicator Plugin for Xfce Panel
The xfce4-battery-plugin is a simple battery indicator plugin displayed in the panel bar of XFCE desktop.
I use it on my Xubuntu Linux. I preferred using this plugin when I was unable to customize the default battery indicator to show battery percentage on the panel.
You can download the plugin from http://archive.xfce.org/src/panel-plugins/xfce4-battery-plugin/.
You can also install the plugin from command line. Just type the following command on your terminal:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install xfce4-battery-plugin
Adding to Panel
After you have installed the plugin, you can follow the steps below to add & configure the battery indicator/monitor plugin to your xfce panel:
– Right click at your panel
– Go to
Panel -> Add New Items
Battery Monitorand click on
– This will add Battery Monitor to your Panel
To configure what to display in the battery indicator:
– Right click on the battery bar icon of battery monitor plugin
– Click on
– This will display the Battery Monitor Properties dialog box
– From there, you can configure:
– different actions to take on different battery level
– colors of the battery bar to be displayed
– options to display different things like percentage, time, bar, etc.