WordPress: Comments are auto closed while using Disqus Commenting System
I have been using Disqus commenting system on my WordPress blog. Recently, I found that comments were automatically closed on many of my blog posts.
I tried editing my blog posts in WordPress admin to see if it has ‘Allow Comments’ checkbox checked or not. All of the blog posts had “Allow Comments” checked.
Looking further into this issue, I found out that there are two configuration settings that can cause this issue. One setting is in the Disqus admin end and the other setting is in your WordPress admin end.
There is a configuration setting that can disable comments if your blog post is certain days old. You can specify the days by yourself. You have to disable this feature to forever allow comments on your blog posts.
– Go to http://disqus.com
– Go to Disqus Admin Community Settings page. The URL will be something like this https://yourSiteName.disqus.com/admin/settings/community/
– Scroll down that page
– At the bottom, you will see “Automatic Closing” setting
– Type “0” (zero) in the text field. Typing 0 will disable this feature.
IN WORDPRESS ADMIN
– Login to your wordpress admin
– Go to Settings -> Discussion
– The URL will be http://your-domain.com/wp-admin/options-discussion.php
– Find the checkbox with text “Automatically close comments on articles older than XX days”
– Uncheck that checkbox
– Scroll down the page and click on the “Save Changes” button
Now, all your blog posts should have comments enabled.
Hope this helps. Thanks.