Windows: How to install and setup XDebug in PHP Eclipse?
I am using Windows 7 Operating System and WAMP Server.
Install XDebug in Windows
- Create a php file with the code
- Open the newly created file in a browser. This outputs information about PHP’s configuration.
- Select All (CTRL + A)
- Copy (CTRL + C)
- Open http://xdebug.org/find-binary.php
- Paste in the textarea present in the page of the above link. Note: Do not paste the raw HTML (from view-source).
- Click ‘Analyse’ button.
You will get the installation instruction based on your php configuration. I got something like this:-
1. Download php_xdebug-2.1.2-5.3-vc9-x86_64.dll
2. Move the downloaded file to c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.4\ext
3. Update C:\wamp\bin\apache\Apache2.2.17\bin\php.ini and change the line
zend_extension = c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.3.4\ext\php_xdebug-2.1.2-5.3-vc9-x86_64.dll
4. Restart the webserver
- You should also add the following line in php.ini file.
xdebug.remote_enable = 1
- Restart the webserver
Now, you have installed XDebug in your Windows OS. You also need to make some configuration settings (adjusting preferences) in PHP Eclipse to make XDebug work in it. I have previously written a post on installing and setting up XDebug in PHP Eclipse in Ubuntu Linux. You can follow the steps on PHP Eclipse configuration from that link. It (PHP Eclipse settings) is the same way for both Linux and Windows.
Hope it helps. Thanks.