[SOLVED] Joomla: 404 error page after changing menu alias
The menus were working fine before. Then I changed alias of one menu.
For example: I changed example.com/mymenu2 to example.com/mymenu3
Now, I am getting redirected to 404 error page on both for both of the above URLs.
You can try Rebuilding the particular menu, clearing cache from Joomla admin, and/or clearing your browser’s cache.
– Go to Menus -> Main Menu (I am supposing the menu falls on Main Menu. However, it can also be in Top or Footer menu.)
– Check the menu which is giving 404 error
– Click ‘Rebuild’ button
Clear Joomla Cache
– Go to System -> Clear Cache
– Check all items
– Click ‘Delete’ button
– Go to System -> Purge Expired Cache
– Click ‘Purge expired’ button
Clear Browser Cache
– Open your browser
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + DELETE button
– Select ‘Cached images and files’
– From the dropdown, select the time (past hour, past day, beginning of time, etc.)
– Click ‘Clear browsing data’ button
After the above steps, the menu should be working fine.
Hope this helps. Thanks.