Magento: Setup multiple currency shop
You can easily setup a multiple currency shop in Magento. By multiple currency shop, I mean giving the user to browse products in different currencies. Magento will provide a currency dropdown in category and product listing page. When you select your desired currency, the entire products price will be changed to your selected currency.
Here is a step-by-step procedure to setup multiple currency shop in Magento:-
– Go to System –> Configuration –> Currency Setup
– Under ‘Currency Options‘, select Allowed currencies.
The selected currencies will be displayed in currency dropdown in category and product listing page. Remember that your Base currency and Default display currency selection should also be selected in Allowed currencies.
– Click ‘Save Config‘ button.
– Go to System –> Manage Currency Rates
– Select Import Service. By default it is ‘Webservicex’.
– Click ‘Import‘ button. This will update the currency rates values.
– Click ‘Save Currency Rates‘ button.
– Go to category listing page. You will see currency selection dropdown list in left sidebar at top.
Now, user of your shop can browse product with price in their desired currency.
Suppose, you have two currencies (British pound and U.S. dollar) in your Magento shop. You also have two stores (Store A and Store B). You want to show British pound in Store A and U.S. dollar in Store B.
Here is the solution:-
– Follow the steps above to setup multiple currency Magento shop.
– You will have multiple currency shop.
– Follow these steps to show store specific currency:-
– Go to System -> Configuration -> GENERAL -> Currency Setup
– In left sidebar at top, you will see “Current Configuration Scope”
– Select your desired store from the selection list
– Now, under “Currency Options“, you will see “Default Display Currency”
– Select your desired currency from the selection list
You are done. In frontend, select the store for which you did the above changes. You will see the price in your desired currency.
Hope this helps. Thanks.