Magento: Product is still visible in catalog and search even after changing visibility to nowhere
I have changed my product’s Visibility to ‘Nowhere‘. But still the product is visible in both catalog and search. I have refreshed cache but the problem is still there.
This problem arises because the Scope of Visibility attribute is Store View by default. This means that it’s value is set differently for each store.
There are two solutions:-
1) Either, change the Visibility of the product to Nowhere for each store you have.
– While editing product, in the top left corner, you will see ‘Choose Store View’
– Choose the store where you want the product visibility to Nowhere
– Now, edit the visibility to Nowhere and Save the product
2) The second solution is to directly change the Visibility attribute Scope.
– Go to Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attributes
– Edit Visibility attribute
– Change the Scope to ‘Global’
I prefer the first solution. But, it might depend upon your need and ease.
Hope it helps. Thanks.