Magento: Override default language translation
This article shows how you can override the default language texts.
For example, you want to change the following texts:-
– Customer ‘Account Information’ to ‘Your Account Info’
– Checkout ‘Billing Information’ to ‘Your Billing Information’
For this, you have to:-
1) Open app/design/frontend/default/default/locale/en_US/translate.csv (the location of this file may vary according to template package, template design, and locale language code).
2) Write the following in translate.csv file:-
3) Clear Cache (System -> Cache Management)
4) When you browse to customer account section, then you should be able to see ‘Your Account Info’ instead of ‘Account Information’ in the left sidebar menu. Similarly, on your checkout page, you should be able to see ‘Your Billing Information’ instead of ‘Billing Information’.
Note that a single translate.csv file is used to change the text of two sections (customer and checkout). The original text for Customer ‘Account Information’ is present in app/locale/en_US/Mage_Customer.csv. Similarly, the text for Checkout ‘Billing Information’ is present in app/locale/en_US/Mage_Checkout.csv.