Magento jQuery: How to use them together?
Well, jQuery has a solution for this conflict case. Here’s what jQuery has to say about the conflict:-
Here, I will explain you on how you can integrate jQuery in Magento without any conflict and error.
Below is the step-by-step guide to integrate jQuery with Magento:-
1) Download jQuery from jquery.com
2) Copy the jquery file to the following directory: skin/frontend/default/your_theme/js/
3) Open app/design/frontend/default/your_theme/layout/page.xml
4) In page.xml file, search for block with name ‘head‘ and add the following code inside it (I suppose that your jquery file name is jquery.js):-
1234 <action method="addItem"><type>skin_js</type><name>js/jquery.js</name></action>
– Open app/design/frontend/default/your_theme/template/page/head.phtml
– Add the following code at the end of this page:-
That’s all. You are done. Now, you can use jQuery in your Magento website freely and without any conflict.
Hope this helps. Thanks.