Magento: How to delete System Attribute?
Suppose, you want to delete an attribute. But there is no delete option while you edit the attribute. This means that the attribute is system attribute. System attributes cannot be deleted. Only user defined attributes can be deleted.
To delete the attribute, you have to make it user defined.
– Go to phpmyadmin
– Go to your magento installation database
– Go to eav_attribute table
– Browse table with attribute_code ‘YOUR_ATTRIBUTE_CODE’ OR browse the table with the attribute_id of your attribute (‘your attribute’ means the attribute which you want to remove as system attribute)
– Edit the table row of your attribute
– Find the field ‘is_user_defined’
– Set it to 1
Now your attribute no longer remains System Attribute
Now you can delete it from Attribute manager