Eclipse: Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost-config
I followed the article of installing Eclipse Web Tool Platform (WTP) from these two links:
Now, while running my project in Eclipse, I get the following error message:
Could not load the Tomcat server configuration at \Servers\Tomcat v7.0 Server at localhost-config
I found the solution on stackoverflow.
It seems to be a bug in eclipse and here is the workaround to solve the bug:
Note: I am using Ubuntu Linux.
– Close Eclipse
– Go to your Eclipse workspace directory
– Then go to directory .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings
– In Ubuntu, I do it by: cd ~/workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.runtime/.settings
– Delete the following two files:
– You can do it by the following command:
– Start Eclipse
If the above solution did not solve the problem then you can try the following solution which contains creating some softlinks along with deleting the above mentioned files.
– Run the following commands in terminal
sudo service tomcat7 stop
sudo update-rc.d tomcat7 disable
sudo ln -s /var/lib/tomcat7/conf conf
sudo ln -s /etc/tomcat7/policy.d/03catalina.policy conf/catalina.policy
sudo ln -s /var/log/tomcat7 log
sudo chmod -R 777 /usr/share/tomcat7/conf
sudo ln -s /var/lib/tomcat7/common common
sudo ln -s /var/lib/tomcat7/server server
sudo ln -s /var/lib/tomcat7/shared shared
– Restart eclipse
– In Project Explorer of Eclipse, you can see ‘Servers’. Right click and delete it.
– Re-add the Server (File -> New -> Other -> Server)
– Now your project on Eclipse should run fine.
Hope it helps. Thanks.